WWE RAW Results – May 18, 2015
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off from Richmond, Virginia with Michael Cole welcoming us. He’s joined by Booker T and JBL. Eden introduces Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
– Triple H and Stephanie come out to the ring and there’s a podium with a title under a black cloth. Stephanie talks about Seth Rollins retaining the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Payback and puts him over. Triple H also praises Rollins and says, “I told ya so.” Triple H says Rollins is the future of WWE. Fans boo. Stephanie says we will be paying tribute to Rollins tonight as they present “Seth Rollins: Architect of a Dream.” She announces Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton will be going to the back of the line. Triple H says they just couldn’t get the job done. They ask for a drumroll and reveal the vacant Intercontinental Title under the cloth.
Stephanie talks about Daniel Bryan and a “yes!” chant starts. She disses Bryan and says it must have been hard to stand in the ring and admit she was right. She says he had to relinquish two titles because his body couldn’t hold up. Triple H talks about the Elimination Chamber match for the title in two weeks. We get a promo for the Chamber and the announcers hype it. Triple H and Stephanie continue to hype the Chamber show until Sheamus’ music hits and out he comes.
Sheamus apologizes for interrupting and a “you look stupid” chant breaks out. He likes what The Authority has done with the place and Stephanie likes his look. Sheamus says we don’t need a Chamber match because he took out Daniel Bryan. He shows us highlights from their match on SmackDown last month and fans boo. Sheamus says it was him who finally put the little man down and he should be rewarded. Sheamus says giving him the title is right for business and what’s best for business. Ryback’s music hits and out he comes to a pop. Ryback has his ribs taped up from the Payback match with Bray Wyatt. He hits the ring and a big “feed me more” chant breaks out. Ryback agrees with the fans and says Sheamus looks stupid. Ryback says Bryan has more heart, passion and determination than Sheamus could ever have. Another “yes!” chant starts. Stephanie says the fans are predictable. Ryback cuts her off and says, “Big Guy has the microphone, Big Guy does the talking Steph.” Ryback stands up for Bryan and proposes a match with Sheamus for tonight. Stephanie says they both will be in the Chamber in two weeks. Triple H makes a singles match for right now and we go to commercial.
Ryback vs. Sheamus
We come back from the break and they start brawling. They end up on the floor with Sheamus in control and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus hits the forearms on the apron. More back and forth. Ryback catches Sheamus in a big powerbomb. Ryback goes on and hits a spinebuster for a 2 count. They go back to the floor and Sheamus bounces off the announce table and lands hard. Sheamus fights back and tries to send Ryback into the ring post but it’s countered and Ryback sends him into it. Ryback brings it back in the ring but Sheamus hits an elbow. Ryback continues and goes for Shellshocked but Sheamus hits him in the ribs. Sheamus acts like he has something in his eye but lures Ryback in for a Brogue Kick for the win.
– We get a backstage segment with The Authority. Seth Rollins takes credit for saving Kane’s job at Payback. Dean Ambrose comes in and wants to give Rollins a rematch at Elimination Chamber, only if Rollins will put the title on the line. Rollins says Ambrose is at the back of the line with Reigns and Orton. Kane lets Rollins decide and the match isn’t happening. They leave and it’s just Kane with Ambrose. Ambrose asks what would Paul Bearer or The Undertaker think about Kane now and this upsets him. Kane makes Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt for tonight. We go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young introduces Neville in the ring. He comes out to a pop.
Renee says Neville gets his rematch against King Barrett next but she has a few questions. She asks him what it’s like being a new Superstar. Neville says he’s competed all around the world but nothing compares to competing in WWE. Neville says he may not be the biggest guy and has his share of doubters but there’s nothing he loves more than proving doubters wrong. Neville says he’s 10 feet tall and invincible when he’s coming off the top. Renee asks about going from being NXT Champion to the main roster. The music hits and out comes Bo Dallas to interrupt.
Bo knocks Neville and refers to him as the little engine that couldn’t. Bo says he could say Neville’s career is looking up but that would be a lie. Neville tells Renee that he beat Bo to start his NXT Title reign. Bo tackles Neville and goes to work on his taped knee. Neville counters and sends Bo to the floor. King Barrett’s music hits and out he comes.
Neville vs. King Bad News Barrett
Bo Dallas joins commentary as Barrett makes his way to the ring and Neville looks on.
Barrett takes it to the corner but Neville eventually fights out and rolls Barrett up for 2. Barrett takes it back to the corner and beats Neville down. Neville hops around on the leg and Barrett works on the injured knee some more. Barrett takes Neville to the apron and slams his leg onto it as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is still working on the leg. Barrett misses a big boot in the corner and gets hung up. The crowd pops. Neville tries to lift Barrett but his knee buckles. Barrett runs into a kick. Neville tries to springboard in but his knee goes out and he falls. Barrett nails a Bullhammer for the win.
Winner: King Barrett
– After the match, Barrett takes his crown and robe before leaving. Bo Dallas comes in and attacks Neville’s leg as fans boo. Bo pulls Neville over and slams his leg into the ring post a few times. Bo raises his arms as fans boo some more. His music hits and he poses in the middle of the ring as the referee checks on Neville.
– We see stills from Rusev vs. John Cena at Payback. Still to come, Cena will defend his title. Also, we will get Rusev’s reaction to Lana and the finish at Payback. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Rusev with the Russian flag. No sign of Lana.
Fans chant for Lana and Rusev says there will be no Lana tonight. Fans boo. Rusev says there is no Lana and she needs to learn her place. Rusev says Lana does not speak for him, only he speaks for himself. Rusev says he knows how to speak our stupid American language and can say he quits for himself. Fans chant louder for Lana and Rusev yells that there is no Lana. Rusev says he did not quit last night and John Cena did not beat him. Rusev brags about making Cena pass out in the ring. Rusev says Lana quit because she’s weak. Rusev tells Cena to come out so they can restart the match. Lana comes out instead and fans cheer.
Rusev yells at her for defying him and coming out. Lana says she just wants to explain to everyone that Rusev isn’t like he seems to be. He’s not just The Bulgarian Brute, he’s misunderstood. She says something in Russian and then says she believes in him. She’s believed in him since the beginning and more than anyone else. Lana says she’s been with Rusev every step of the way and she was positive he would be the first man to make John Cena quit but that didn’t happen. Lana says that’s life and she was just trying to protect Rusev because she cares for him. Rusev says she’s in her feelings, pathetic and disgusting. Lana yells that’s enough and asks what did he expect her to do. She says she did the right thing for him and for them. She says he was screaming in Bulgarian that he quit. A “you quit” chant breaks out. He calls her a liar and says there is no us, just him. He says he doesn’t need Lana, he doesn’t need anyone. He says Lana is weak and she makes him weak. He tells her to get out of the ring and go back to where she came from. Rusev yells at Lana as she walks to the back. He throws his arms up and fans boo. The music hits and he continues talking trash.
– The announcers talk about the Fatal 4 Way at Payback. Still to come, The New Day defends against Cesaro and Tyson Kidd.
Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt
We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose to a big pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Bray Wyatt. They lock up and Wyatt takes it to the corner but is forced to back off. They lock up again and Wyatt slams Ambrose. Wyatt poses as fans cheer. Wyatt misses a back splash and Ambrose takes control. Ambrose drops an elbow and works Wyatt over. More back and forth as they brawl. Ambrose runs into Wyatt but goes down. Wyatt with kicks and more now. He takes Ambrose down with a chinlock. Wyatt with a clothesline in the corner. Ambrose comes back with a big charge in the corner and Wyatt goes to the floor. Ambrose runs the ropes and goes for a dive but Wyatt stops him with a big right hand at the ropes. Wyatt suplexes Ambrose out to the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt is in control. He drops Ambrose with a headbutt. Wyatt with another big throw that sends Ambrose to the floor for a breather. They collide on the floor and both go down as the referee starts counting. They both come in at 9 and slowly get to their feet. They start brawling and trading shots in the middle of the ring. They collide again but Ambrose gets the upperhand and unloads. Ambrose hits the bulldog. Wyatt rolls to the apron but Ambrose ties him up in the top rope and nails a dropkick. Ambrose comes off the top and covers for a 2 count.
They trade counters and Ambrose blocks Sister Abigail. Ambrose dumps Wyatt over the top rope. Ambrose dives out and sends Wyatt to the floor but Ambrose bounces into the barrier. Ambrose brings it back in but Wyatt immediate grabs him for Sister Abigail. Ambrose counters and goes for Dirty Deeds but it’s blocked. Ambrose goes for the bounce back clothesline but Wyatt nails a huge clothesline for a 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Wyatt turns upside down in the corner as he waits for Ambrose to get up. Ambrose nails him with a big right hand. Wyatt fires back, sending him into the ropes and Ambrose hits the bounce back clothesline for a 2 count. Ambrose takes Wyatt up for a superplex but Wyatt fights him. Wyatt knocks Ambrose to the mat and goes for the senton from the second rope but Ambrose moves out of the way. Ambrose goes to the top but J&J Security comes out. Joey Mercury distracts the referee while Jamie Noble pushes Ambrose off the top into Sister Abigail for the win.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the bell, we see Triple H and Stephanie McMahon backstage watching, looking happy. J&J retreats to the stage where Seth Rollins is. Rollins waves back at Wyatt, who is posing over Ambrose.
– Still to come, Naomi vs. Nikki Bella. Also, John Cena’s US Open Challenge and The New Day defends the WWE Tag Team Titles. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see some Tough Enough submissions.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. The New Day
We go to the ring and out comes Cesaro and Tyson Kidd with Natalya. WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and Big E are out next. They cut a promo on Xavier Woods being banned from ringside. They confirm there will be 5 tag teams in the Elimination Chamber match later this month. Big E says it isn’t fair and has never been done before. They rip Virginia and the “New Day sucks” chants start.
Cesaro starts off with Big E and they go at it. Cesaro ends up clotheslining Kofi on the apron and lifting Big E for a long suplex. Kidd tags in and takes out Big E from the apron while Cesaro runs over Kofi on the floor. We go to commercial with Kidd and Cesaro in control.
Back from the break and Big E has Cesaro in an abdominal stretch. Cesaro fights out but Big E hits a belly to belly. Kidd and Kofi go at it now. Kidd gets the Sharpshooter locked in but Big E breaks it up. Cesaro and Big E brawl. Big E sends Cesaro to the floor. Kofi stomps on Kofi in the corner. The referee calls for the bell when Kofi won’t let up and things fall apart.
– After the bell, Cesaro comes in and takes out Big E. He goes to do the Cesaro Swing on Kofi but Xavier Woods runs down and makes the save. The New Day beats them down until Sin Cara and Kalisto run down to make the save to a big pop. Los Matadores run down and dive out onto Big E. The Ascension are out next to join in on the brawl. The Prime Time Players are out next and they clear the ring. Cara and Kalisto leap out onto everyone. Titus brings Woods in the ring and double teams him with Darren Young. PTP stand tall to end the segment.
– Back from the break and it’s announced Roman Reigns will be on SmackDown.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE United States Champion John Cena to the usual reaction. He raises the US Title and gets a USA chant going. Cena says “never give up” helped him keep the title where it belongs last night. He talk about defeating Rusev at Payback and gets another USA chant going. Cena goes on about how everyone gets a shot and says this is our championship. He kicks off the challenge and out comes WWE NXT Champion Kevin Owens for the shocker.
Owens takes his time walking to the ring with the NXT Title in hand. He stands in the ring and stares Cena down. Owens takes the mic and says hello to Cena. Owens congratulates Cena on his win at Payback and says it was impressive. Owens says he would introduce himself but Cena knows exactly who he is. The crowd pops. Owens says if anyone doesn’t know who he is, then those people aren’t worth his time in the first place. Cena cuts him off and introduces Owens, which gets a pop. Owens thanks him and says that was nice. Owens knows Cena feels guilty about the injury Sami Zayn suffered on RAW a few weeks back. Owens says Sami was injured before that because he’s the one who injured him. Owens says he’s going to finish what he started with Sami at Takeover: Unstoppable on Wednesday. Cena says that was a fine speech but Owens has a lot to learn. Cena tells Owens to listen up. He says no fan is to be told they’re not worth time because without the fans, there is no Owens and there is no WWE. Cena says we’re here because of the fans and they pop. Cena offers some veteran advice but Owens cuts him off. Owens says he’s been doing this for 15 years and has been doing it longer than Cena. Owens says he just didn’t get a break until now. Owens says Cena doesn’t get to give him advice ever. Cena says fine, he will give Owens a warning. Cena say she doesn’t see fire in Owens’ eyes like he saw with Sami. Cena says he sees a scared kid that tried to rattle the cage of John Cena but now he’s crapping his pants because he realizes he bit off more than he can chew. Cena warns Owens that Sami might take him out at Takeover. Cena asks Owens if he wants the shot. Owens says he’s a prizefighter but already has a prize – the NXT Title. Fans boo. Owens turns down the challenge and fans boo. Owens promises they will fight one day but says it will be on his terms. Out of nowhere Owens nails a low kick on Cena. Owens nails the powerbomb and a “fight Owens fight” chant starts. Owens stomps on the US Title and does the “you can’t see me” taunt over Cena before walking out as his music hits.
– We get a look back at Daniel Bryan vacating the Intercontinental Title last week.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust
We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Stardust is out. They go at it and Stardust takes control early on. He stomps away and wastes some time. Stardust with a big clothesline for a 2 count as the “Cody” chants start up. Stardust with more offense until Ziggler nails the Zig Zag out of nowhere for the quick win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– Cole interviews Ziggler in the ring and asks him how he feels after the match with Sheamus at Payback. Ziggler says the stitches hurt but not nearly as bad as losing to Sheamus. Ziggler says chicks dig scars anyway. Cole reveals that Ziggler gets the final spot in the Intercontinental Title Elimination Chamber. Ziggler talks about being open to any challenge or competitor when Lana makes her way out. Fans chant for Lana. She waits a minute before grabbing Ziggler and kissing him. Fan chant for another kiss and she gives it to him. Rusev makes his way out and he’s furious. He yells at Lana and she slaps him. Ziggler comes from behind and lays Rusev out. He leaves with Lana as Rusev throws a fit in the ring.
– Kane is backstage walking and barking orders. We go to commercial.
Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. Fandango and Zack Ryder
Back from the break and both teams are in the ring. Harper starts off with Fandango. Fandango takes it to the corner and unloads with chops. Harper with a headlock and a shoulder to drop Fandango. Fandango comes back and sends Harper to the floor. Fandango jumps out and Harper shoves him into the barrier. Harper brings it back in and tags Rowan. Rowan splashes Fandango and mounts him with right hands.
Harper comes back in and does the gator roll. Harper with a headlock now. Fandango nails a tornado DDT as Ryder waits for the tag. Fandango with a 2 count. Ryder finally gets the tag and unloads on Harper. Ryder with a missile dropkick. Harper catches him with a big sideslam and tags in Rowan. Harper knocks Fandango off the apron and they double team Ryder and Rowan hits a chokeslam for the win.
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
– We see The Bella Twins waling backstage when Stephanie McMahon stops them. Stephanie congratulates them on their win and says what she said about Bryan can come off the right way but she offers her sincere sympathies. She says she’s the wife of a WWE Superstar also. Stephanie says she’s scheduled some counseling sessions for Brie but she doesn’t think Brie is fit to accompany Nikki to the ring tonight. We go to commercial after Stephanie walks off.
– Back from the break and we see stills from the Divas tag match at Payback.
WWE Divas Title Match: Naomi vs. Nikki Bella
We go to the ring and WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella comes out. Naomi is out next with Tamina Snuka and we get a sidebar video from earlier with Naomi dissing The Bella Twins.
We get formal ring introductions from Eden. We get some stalling to start but they go at it. Naomi connects with a big kick to the shoulder but Nikki fires back and clotheslines her over the top rope. Nikki runs the ropes and leaps out onto Tamina and Naomi. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it as a trainer checks on Tamina at ringside. Nikki drops Naomi but they both go down. Nikki comes back with clotheslines and a dropkick. Nikki with a back drop as fans pop. Nikki tackles Naomi for a 2 count. Nikki goes for the Rack Attack but Tamina runs in with a superkick for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Nikki Bella
– After the match, Naomi and Tamina double team Nikki until Paige runs down to a big pop. Paige clears the ring and raises the Divas Title before yelling “my house” at Tamina and Naomi, who are retreating. Nikki gets up and goes to get her title off the mat but Paige grabs her and hits the Ram-Paige. Paige skips around the ring with the title as her music plays.
– We get a look back at Cena and Owens from earlier. We see Triple H backstage congratulating Owens. They talk off and Renee Young walks up for comments from Owens, asking what he was talking to Triple H about. Owens reveals he will face John Cena at WWE Elimination Chamber. Owens says Cena should pay attention to what he does to Sami Zayn at Takeover.
Triple H praises Rollins and talks about everything he’s done. He says Rollins has lived up to every claim he’s ever made. Triple H says he sees the reflection of himself in Rollins. Triple H says he felt goosebumps when he saw Rollins use the Pedigree to win at Payback. Triple H says The Authority and the WWE Universe are here to celebrate Rollins. He tells fans to give it up but most of them boo. A “you sold out” chant breaks out. Triple H says members of The Authority want to say some words about Rollins. Kane is first. A “Justin Bieber” chant breaks out at Rollins.
Kane acts like he wants to say something else and jokes about Rollins’ height. Kane says he’s glad Rollins is still champion and says he is truly best for business. Rollins asks if that’s all Kane has to say. Kane thanks Rollins for saving his job and says he had something put together to show how sincere he is about that. We get a video package with highlights on Rollins. The Authority applauds the video package. Noble talks about how it’s been a privilege being at Rollins’ side. Mercury is next but he gets choked up and out comes Dean Ambrose to interrupt things.
Ambrose enters the ring and gets fan to chant Justin Bieber at Rollins some more. Ambrose brings up a title shot again but Rollins reminds him he’s at the back of the line with Reigns and Orton. Ambrose says he’s a notorious line jumper and wants his title shot, or else. Stephanie asks Ambrose who he thinks he is and agrees with Rollins that Ambrose doesn’t deserve a shot. Stephanie says Rollins is a fighting champion and won’t be intimidated by Ambrose’s threats. She tells Rollins to get Ambrose but he looks unsure. The Authority backs off and Rollins swings but Ambrose takes him to the corner. J&J jump in but Rollins and Ambrose tumble to the floor. Ambrose drops Rollins and sends Mercury into the barrier. Rollins comes back but gets backdropped over the announce table. Ambrose reveals a stack of cinderblocks, just like Rollins used on him months ago. Ambrose goes to hit Rollins with a steel chair but Stephanie tells him to stop. She says he will get the title shot if he lets Rollins go. Ambrose does but The Authority attacks. He fights them off and ends up in the ring with Kane, who runs him over. The numbers game catches up and they beat Ambrose down in the ring. Rollins hits the Pedigree on Ambrose and RAW goes off the air with Rollins standing tall.