WWE RAW Results – March 16, 2015
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at Michael Cole’s interview with Randy Orton that aired on SmackDown. Orton will challenge Seth Rollins for WrestleMania 31 tonight.
– We’re live from Des Moines, Iowa with JBL, Michael Cole and Booker T as Seth Rollins’ music hits. Lilian Garcia introduces Rollins, Kane, Big Show, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble in the ring. There’s a light chant for Rollins because he’s from Iowa. Rollins talks about Orton turning on them last week. He calls the fan “nobodies” and they boo. Rollins says he actually made it out of Iowa and did something with his life. He says Orton betrayed him last week. Rollins says he trusted Orton, vouched for him and treated him like family. Rollins say what Orton did to him was nothing like what he did to The Shield. What he did to The Shield was a sound business decision. A big “you sold out” chant starts. Rollins said what Orton did was in cold blood and was borderline sociopathic. Rollins says this would not have happened if Triple H and Stephanie McMahon didn’t let Orton back in. He says it disgusts him. Big Show takes the mic and apologizes to Rollins. He says he feels personally responsible for what happened to Rollins and it breaks his heart. Show thinks of Rollins as the future and the best damn talent in WWE. Show says what Orton did was cruel. Show calls him a slimy, no-good snake in the grass. Show says he crushes snakes in the grass because he’s The Giant.
Kane also apologizes to Rollins. He says he wasn’t as gullible as Big Show but he’s sorry and will make Orton pay for what he did. Noble says he knows he’s the secret weapon of The Authority. He says he cares about Rollins and what Orton did is inexcusable. Noble says Rollins is his boss and his friend. Noble says what Orton did to Rollins hurt him but it hurt Mercury even more. Mercury takes the mic and is too upset to speak. Show pats him on the back and they hug. Rollins says they’re right, it did hurt, but Orton’s ego is going to hurt the most when this is all finished. Rollins says Orton has went around for years thinking he can get away with what he wants without having consequences. Rollins says Orton has never messed with someone like him. Rollins accepts Orton’s WrestleMania 31 challenge, only if Orton will face him in the ring on tonight’s RAW. Orton’s music hits and out he comes.
Orton speaks from the stage and say she’s not the face of WWE, he’s just a guy who made Rollins look like a little bitch last week. Orton accepts the challenge to face Rollins in the main event of RAW. Orton knows when he come to the ring the odds are against him but he has enough venom for all of The Authority. Orton says if he makes it to WrestleMania, he will end the future of WWE. Orton’s music hits and they stare each other down.
– Still to come, a contract signing with Rusev and John Cena plus a controversial pre-recorded interview with Brock Lesnar.
– We see Paige and AJ Lee backstage heading to the ring. We go to commercial.
AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella
Back from the break and out comes AJ Lee with Paige. WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella is out next with Brie Bella for a non-title match.
As The Bellas head to the ring, we get a sidebar video with them talking about how they will win at WrestleMania because they’re sisters. They’re going to humiliate and embarrass the Divas at WrestleMania. They say, “Give Divas a chance? Give us a break.” The bell starts and Nikki goes at it with AJ, taking her down first. Nikki takes control and hits AJ with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Nikki shows off and does push-ups in the middle of the ring. She gets up and runs into knees in the corner. AJ makes a comeback and rolls Nikki up for 2. AJ with another takedown and an armbar.
Nikki comes back with a fireman’s carry takedown and they trade holds again as they go to their feet. Nikki slams AJ for another 2 count as fans boo. AJ with a kick to the head out of nowhere for a 2 count. Nikki goes for a sideslam but AJ sends her flying with a scissors. Nikki ends up slamming AJ’s arm over the top rope and we go to commercial with AJ down in pain.
Back from the break and Nikki is in control. She drops AJ with an elbow and covers for a 2 count. Nikki drops AJ with an armbar and covers for another 2 count. Nikki gets frustrated now. She throws AJ arm first into the turnbuckles and AJ goes down. Nikki with another hold on the arm now. AJ fights to her feet and goes for the Black Widow but Nikki rams her back into the corner. Nikki runs into boots. AJ with a Thesz Press and strikes. AJ with a splash in the corner and a neckbreaker. AJ with a kick to the gut. AJ trips Nikki on her face and goes to the top. AJ with a crossbody from the top for 2. Nikki counters and drops AJ face first into her knee for a 2 count. AJ counters a move and rolls Nikki up for 1. AJ catches Nikki with a nice dropkick. Nikki pulls AJ out to the floor in front of Brie.
Paige comes over and they have words. AJ and Nikki go back in the ring but Brie mushes Paige and slams her head first into the ring post. This leads to Nikki dropping a distracted AJ with a big forearm. Nikki picks up a knocked out AJ and hits her with the Rack Attack for the win.
Winner: Nikki Bella
– After the match, The Bella Twins pose together in the ring as we go to replays. Nikki stands over AJ with the title.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose vs. Stardust, Luke Harper and Bad News Barrett. Also, a look at Roman Reigns and Mark Henry on SmackDown. Back to commercial.
– We get a look back at Mark Henry and Roman Reigns talking in the ring on last Thursday’s SmackDown. We see Reigns laying Henry out and putting him through the barrier with a spear.
– Renee Young is backstage with Kane and Big Show. She asks what their role will be for the Rollins vs. Orton main event. Show goes to talk but Kane interrupts and says he has decided that Show will be in Rollins’ corner. They start arguing. Kane says as Director of Operations, he doesn’t answer to Show. Rollins comes up and calms them down, saying this is what got them sent home by Stephanie McMahon last week. He asks how stupid can they both be. Show gets upset and Kane backs him down. Kane tells Rollins that Stephanie can address them how she wants but Rollins cannot. Kane says Rollins has been acting like an entitled spoiled brat ever since Kane helped him win Money In the Bank. Kane says it’s time someone gave Rollins what he deserves. Kane says he won’t be at ringside tonight and if Show doesn’t want to, he doesn’t have to go out either. Show just gets in Rollins’ face and walks off. Kane follows.
Ryback vs. The Miz
We go to the ring and out comes Ryback to a pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Ryback’s win over The Miz on SmackDown. Ryback is getting a “feed me more” chant going as we see the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal trophy at ringside. The Miz is out next with Damien Sandow, who gets cheered while Miz is booed. We see a sidebar from earlier with Miz says he will win the Andre Battle Royal because his personal assistant in the match will ensure he wins, or else he will be fired. Fans chant for Sandow as the match starts.
Miz starts and unloads on Ryback in the corner. Ryback comes out and hits a huge slam. Miz rolls to the floor in front of Sandow. Ryback holds him and tells Sandow to punch Miz. Fans cheer for Sandow to do it. He clutches his fist like he wants to but Miz fights Ryback off. Miz tells Sandow to put his fist down and turns around to a shot from Ryback. Ryback brings him in the ring and hits a spinebuster. Ryback hits a Meathook clothesline and Shellshocked for the win.
– After the match, Ryback gets another chant going and leaves as Sandow comes in and fans his jacket at him. Sandow helps Miz up but Miz drops him with a Skull Crushing Finale. The crowd boos big time. Miz’s music hits and he leaves with Sandow recovering in the ring.
– We get a promo for Cena vs. Rusev at WrestleMania 31. Still to come, the Cena vs. Rusev contract signing.
– Back from the break and we get a return vignette for Sheamus.
– Michael Cole is in the ring with the setup for a contract signing. Cole introduces the challenger John Cena first and out he comes to a big poo. Cole has the contract on a table and tells Cena to sign it. Cena takes the contract and a mic. He says he’s signed a lot of these but this contract is by far the most important because in just a few minutes, we will see what people call a Super Athlete, a hero of the Russian Federation. Fans boo. Cena says this man is the Champion of the United States, which means he represents the USA and Cena doesn’t like that. Fans boo and Cena feels the same way. That’s what makes this match important, he says. Cena says he could do like last week and beat Rusev around the ring but it does no good as long as Rusev is wearing the title. Cena is signing the contract to publicly say enough is enough. Cena says Rusev is allowed to live in the US and the US has given him opportunity but every chance he can get, he rips our country. Cena gets a USA chant going. Cena tells fans to let that chant will them with pride, excitement and love for the US. Cena says he’s had the honor and privilege to stand on the front line with our troops but he’s ashamed to look them in the eye and say Rusev is the man that brings our championship into battle. Cena says no more. He says this is not a contract, it’s a Declaration of Independence and WrestleMania is our Revolution. Cena says the US is the greatest country because we will not quit, we will stand up and fight. He says you can only push us so far before we kick your ass. He drops the mic. Fans boo as WWE United States Champion Rusev is out next in a suit and Lana is nowhere to be seen. However, there is another man in a suit behind him.
Cole tells Rusev it’s his turn to sign the contract. Fans start chanting “we want Lana” as the man in the suit grabs a mic. Cena says apparently the fans want the one who has the balls. The man speaks and says he’s Rusev’s attorney. He says Rusev won’t be signing the contract and won’t be competing against John Cena at WrestleMania. Fans boo and Cena gets upset. The lawyer says Rusev did not agree to this match or any other. The lawyer shows us video from last week as fans chant for Lana. We see video of Lana accepting the challenge for Rusev while Cena had him in the STF. We come back and the lawyer says there’s no evidence of Rusev agreeing to a match so the contract is null & void. The lawyer goes on and Rusev wants to read a prepared statement and then he will sign the contract. Rusev takes a piece of paper out and grabs a mic. He rants on Cena and America but is given the “what?” treatment by the crowd. Rusev says the country worships failures and our parents are failures. Cena gets upset and ready to fight. Rusev goes on with his promo but Cena is getting upset. They come face to face over the table. Rusev calls America a stupid little country that will die. They stare each other down as fans chant USA. Rusev signs the contract and immediately flips the table to distract Cena so he can get out of the ring. Rusev laughs and retreats up the ramp with his lawyer. Cena holds up the contract and says Rusev’s ass is his. Rusev has the Russian flag drop down over Cena and fan boo. Rusev’s music hits as Cena looks on and Rusev holds the title up.
– Still to come, the six-man match and Rollins vs. Orton. Back to commercial.
The New Day vs. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd
Kofi Kingston and Big E are in the ring for The New Day. WWE Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd are out with Natalya for a non-title match. Los Matadores and El Torito are out to watch the match from ringside. It’s back and forth until Cesaro knocks Big E off the apron and hits the Cesaro Swing on Kofi. Cesaro is distracted and Kofi nails him. Kofi goes for a 2 count but Kidd makes the save with a dropkick to the face.
Kofi ends up hitting Trouble In Paradise but Cesaro and Kidd get the win after a shot from behind.
Winners: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd
– After the match, Los Matadores and The New Day fight at ringside. Matadores roll Xavier Woods into Cesaro and he nails a Neutralizer. El Torito springboards in and nails Cesaro. Cesaro grabs him but gets thrown out to Los Matadores. It ends with Los Matadores celebrating to their music.
– We get a look at how The Undertaker accepted Bray Wyatt’s challenge last week. Still to come, we will hear from Wyatt.
– Also still to come, Brock Lesnar speaks. Back to commercial.
– Back the break and there’s a a backstage segment with Seth Rollins, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Noble and Rollins argue and before he’s fired, (Crimaz.com) Noble quits. Mercury ends up walking out after him and it appears they’re both gone.
– We go to the pre-recorded interview with WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. It starts with a look back at The Streak ending last year. Lesnar doesn’t care about the people who were disappointed that The Streak ended. He laughs and said he loved people crying and being upset. Lesnar says regarding his contract with WWE, he will be champion if he stays and he will be WWE champion if he goes. He says Roman Reigns won’t stand in the way of that. Lesnar says he’s going to kick Reigns’ ass and it will be unlike any other ass beating he’s received. Lesnar says there won’t be any happy feel-good moment because he’s going to “f up” Roman Reigns… the end. Lesnar gets up from his stool and walks away from the camera.
Big Show vs. Eric Rowan
We go to the ring and out comes Big Show. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Show attacks Erick Rowan while he’s on the apron, before the match even begins. Show unloads and destroys Rowan. Show nails a knockout punch and goes to the second rope. Show nails a big elbow drop and leaves the ring as the referee calls for trainers to come check on Rowan. We go to replays.
– Cole leads us to the video for Larry Zbyszko’s 2015 Hall of Fame induction.
– Still to come, Orton vs. Rollins. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Kane is in the ring with the rest of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal participants. Kane brought them to teach a lesson but Mark Henry interrupts. Henry puts his name into the hat and a big brawl breaks out. We see Curtis Axel leaning up against the trophy on the outside. Henry and Kane start tossing people out of the ring. Kane and Henry start brawling. Henry tries to dump Kane but Axel runs in from behind and Kane gets dumped. Henry knocks Axel back and then tosses him over the top. Henry’s music hits as he’s the last man standing. Henry goes out to the floor and looks at the trophy.
– Still to come, Orton vs. Rollins. Back to break.
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman is introduced. He praises Brock Lesnar as the best in WWE and MMA. He talks about how Lesnar is not a fan of rules, he’s not a pacifist. He’s coming to WrestleMania 31 to make war with Roman Reigns. Heyman says we’re stuck with Lesnar as WWE World Heavyweight Champion and there’s not a damn thing… the mic goes out. It comes back on and Heyman wonders what they will do to stop Lesnar. Heyman says no one can stop Lesnar. Heyman says Reigns was a standout but wonders what will happen to Reigns when Lesnar bitch slaps him at WrestleMania. Heyman says Lesnar will give Reigns a “prison beating.” Heyman says over and over that Reigns can’t beat Lesnar. Heyman says Reigns’ father should have told him this a long time ago. Reigns’ music hits and out he comes though the crowd.
Reigns says he has a lot of respect for Heyman, he really does. He says Heyman might be the best talker in the business. Reigns says his issues aren’t with Heyman, they’re with his client. Reigns turns and faces the camera so he can talk to Lesnar now. There are some boos as the camera zooms in on Reigns. He says he would say this in Lesnar’s face if he was here right now. Reigns is expecting a fight and hoping for (Crimaz.com) a war. Reigns says he may be carried out of WrestleMania but he will have the title on his shoulder. Reigns says he’s going to beat Lesnar’s ass at WrestleMania because he can, he will and he believes it. Reigns drops the mic and his music hits as Heyman has made his exit. Reigns looks up at the WrestleMania 31 sign.
– We get a look back at the segments with The Authority tonight. Still to come, Orton vs. Rollins and the six-man match. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young catches up with Paul Heyman backstage. Heyman says Roman Reigns will be able to say what he wants to Brock Lesnar’s face in the ring next week on RAW.
Stardust, Luke Harper and Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose
Back from the break and WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett waits in the ring without his belt. Stardust and Luke Harper are with him. Daniel Bryan is out next followed by Dolph Ziggler and then Dean Ambrose.
Before the match starts, R-Truth’s music hits and he makes his way out. Stardust starts the match off with Ambrose as everyone has their eye on Truth. They lock up and Ambrose drops Stardust with a shoulder. Ambrose with another takedown. We see R-Truth has the Intercontinental Title belt clipped to the back of his shirt. He’s making sure the other Superstars can’t see it. Truth sits down for commentary as(Crimaz.com) Bryan tags in and works over Stardust. Bryan with a surfboard submission on Stardust. Bryan with a 2 count. Bryan with kicks in the corner now. Ziggler tags in and Stardust gets clotheslined to the floor after Ziggler and Bryan have words. Harper comes in but also gets sent to the floor. We go to commercial with all three babyfaces in the ring.
Back from the break and Ambrose drops Harper with a tornado DDT. Ziggler and Stardust tag in at the same time. Ziggler unloads and hits a neckbreaker. Ziggler with an elbow drop and a pin attempt. Ziggler with a huge DDT on Stardust for another 2 count. Ziggler fights Harper off but Stardust nails a Disaster Kick and Ziggler falls to the floor. Barrett runs over and rams Ziggler into the apron. Barrett brings Ziggler in the ring for a 2 count.
Barrett with big forearms to the back in the corner. Barrett runs and hits a big knee to the gut on Ziggler for another 2 count. Harper comes in and keeps control of Ziggler now. Harper with a big uppercut and a tag back to Barrett. Barrett with the big slam and another 2 count. Harper tags himself in and whips Barrett into the corner but Ziggler moves and Barrett gets hug up on the top rope. Harper also ends up on the floor with Barrett. Ziggler backdrops Stardust and crawls for a tag but Harper knocks his partners off the apron. Ziggler counters a Harper powerbomb and hits the Fame-asser for 2 as Stardust and Barrett break the pin. A big brawl breaks out now. Harper hits a big boot and a sitdown powerbomb on Ziggler for 2. We go back to commercial with everyone fighting around the ring.
Back from the break and Barrett is in control of Ziggler on the mat. Ziggler fights out but Barrett goes for Wasteland. Ziggler counters with a DDT and they’re both down. Ziggler tags in Bryan. He knocks the others off the apron and unloads on Barrett. Bryan ducks Barrett and dives (Crimaz.com) out onto Harper. Ambrose tagged himself in and drops Barrett for a 2 count as Stardust broke the pin. Ambrose and Stardust go at it now. Ambrose unloads and hits the slingshot clothesline. Harper comes in with a big boot on Ambrose. Ziggler accidentally superkicks Bryan off the apron. Ziggler kicks Harper net. Barrett grab Ziggler and throws him out onto Bryan and the others. Ambrose ducks a Bullhammer elbow and hits Dirty Deeds for the win.
Winners: Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose
– After the match, Harper nails Ambrose from behind and takes him out of the ring. Harper tosses Ambrose over the announce table. Harper sees the belt on Truth’s back and stalks him. Stardust ends up attacking and running off with the title. Ambrose catches him in the crowd and beats him down. The belt was dropped at ringside and Truth picks it up. He goes to leave but Harper stops him. Truth tosses the belt in the ring. Ambrose jumps off the barrier and takes out Harper. Bryan picks up the belt in the ring and Ziggler grabs it. They have words before trading lefts and rights in the middle of the ring. Stardust comes in but misses. Ziggler drops him. Bryan takes out Harper with a knee. Barrett hits a Bullhammer on Ziggler and then Bryan. Barrett then runs over and hits a Bullhammer on Ambrose. Fans boo as Barrett stands tall and holds his title. Barrett leaves the ring with the belt and confronts Truth at ringside. Barrett hits a Bullhammer on him also. Barrett goes to the stage and climbs one of the ladders to pose with the title.
– The announcers plug the WWE Network.
– We go backstage to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Seth Rollins comes in and whines about being all alone and everything that’s happened tonight. He asks what they’re going to do to fix this. Stephanie says he’s a big boy and has made his own bed, now he has to lay in it.(Crimaz.com) Rollins gets upset and blames Stephanie for sending Big Show and Kane home last week. Triple H asks who the hell Rollins thinks he’s talking to. Rollins asks if Triple H decided to quit playing hide & seek with Sting. Triple H gets in his face. Rollins dares him to mess up the future of the company. Stephanie tells Rollins to man up, if he can. Triple H tells Rollins to run along before his situation goes from bad to worse and he does.Crimaz.com
– Still to come, Bray Wyatt.
– Back from the break and Bray Wyatt is backstage with an urn full of the ashes from the rocking chair that was burned by The Undertaker last week. Wyatt cuts a promo on The Undertaker and says his fate is sealed. Wyatt says WrestleMania will be Taker’s final resting place but it will also be Wyatt’s coronation. Wyatt says he will destroy Taker and take his rightful place among the Gods. Wyatt says after WrestleMania, no one is safe. He calls himself the new face of fear and laughs.
– Still to come, Rollins vs. Orton. Back to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
Back from the break and Randy Orton is out first followed by Seth Rollins. Rollins speaks from the stage and reveals that he’s played Orton like a fool the whole night. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes with The Authority, all of them. Fans chant for Sting. They head to the ring as Orton grabs a steel chair to prepare for battle. The lights go out as they surround Orton and we hear the crows. The lights come on and Sting is standing tall with Orton. They unload on The Authority and clear the ring. The Stooges take a Stinger splash in the corner. Noble takes a Scorpion Death Drop. Mercury takes a RKO. Triple H, Rollins, Kane and the others look on from the floor as Sting and Orton are on fire in the ring. Sting’s music hits as he and Orton look on. The Authority hits the ramp as Sting beats on his chest in the ring beside Orton. RAW goes off the air with Triple H yelling back at Sting.