Below is Triple H’s latest sitdown interview with Michael Cole, to promote tonight’s WWE NXT Takeover: Rival event.
Here are highlights:
* Triple H plugged Takeover being free on the WWE Network tonight. He called it a great time to be a WWE fan and a WWE Network subscriber.
* Cole said the NXT Divas and Superstars have a lot to live up to tonight based on the last special. Triple H said that’s what being a WWE Superstar is, always outdoing yourself. He said it’s hard to believe this is the 5th special NXT has done. He said the brand has come so far in such a short time. He’s excited for tonight’s card and feels it might outdo anything NXT has done so far.
* Cole asked about Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens for the NXT Title. Triple H says it’s going to be a very personal and emotional battle.
* Cole mentioned how Steve Austin said he liked the NXT Divas division and plugged Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte tonight. Triple H said the NXT Divas are the next generation of what we will see out of females in WWE. He called them a different level of athlete, a different level of competitor. He said they have a different level of intensity. He praised Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley and Becky. Triple H said this match might be the sleeper that steals the show because the NXT Divas take it to a whole new level.
* He also praised Finn Balor and Adrian Neville, who will compete in a #1 contenders match tonight. He said it’s going to be quite the match and he can’t call it.
* Triple H said if this Takeover event doesn’t blow away the others and everyone’s expectations, he’s going to be shocked. Triple H said NXT is the brand the world is talking about and with WWE Network being free in February, there’s no better deal. Triple H promised we won’t be disappointed tonight.