Former TNA X Division Champion Works WWE Tryouts, Possible Battleground Matches, WWE Attendance
William Regal was in Japan for the two WWE live events in Tokyo last weekend because he was overseeing the tryouts. WWE brought in six men and two women to work the session. Notable names included Leona Fujinami, son of WWE Hall of Famer Tatsumi Fujinami and former TNA X Division Champion Sanada, who still lives in the US but flew to Japan to get the tryout. Other names included indie wrestler Yohei and popular women’s wrestler Hikaru Shida. Apparently Leona and Yohei worked a match.
– Below are recent WWE attendance figures:
* July 4th in Winnipeg drew 5,500 fans (Roman Reigns tour)
* July 5th in Rockford, IL drew 2,000 fans (Roman Reigns tour)
* July 6th in Chicago for RAW drew 10,800 fans
– Randy Orton vs. Sheamus and Paige vs. Nikki Bella for the WWE Divas Title are expected for the July 19th Battleground pay-per-view.