Brock LesnarWe noted earlier that Triple H announced on Twitter that WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar has signed a multi-year deal with the company.
The news was actually first broke a few minutes before by Lesnar himself on ESPN’s Sports Center as he was being interviewed by Michelle Beadle.
Lesnar revealed that he signed a new deal at RAW in Los Angeles last night after receiving an offer he couldn’t refuse. Lesnar said it took him over a year to decide and he wanted to be the one to make the announcement.
Lesnar got choked up at one point said his pro wrestling career is not over and his legacy here will continue but his legacy in UFC’s Octagon is over. Lesnar said he wants to have fun and something was missing mentally while he’s been training for a return to MMA. Lesnar feels he was born to be an entertainer and wondered what he would have to gain if he did return to UFC.
Lesnar said he couldn’t refuse the offer that Vince McMahon made him at RAW and wanted fans to know before Sunday’s WrestleMania 31 event. Lesnar said he wants to leave WrestleMania with the title.
Lesnar also stated that his recent appearance at the UFC pay-per-view was not a negotiating tactic. He said he just wanted to feel the UFC atmosphere for one last time. He added that UFC President Dana White agrees with his decision.
Former WWE announcer Jonathan Coachman, who now works for ESPN, also interviewed Lesnar and asked how much fun Lesnar is going to have at WrestleMania. Lesnar said he always has fun and people who watch his matches also have fun. Lesnar said he loves the pro wrestling business and hates the travel so this new deal is good for him.